The Royal Government of Bhutan sets Minimum daily package to Bhutan based on Tourism Council of Bhutan’s policy ‘High Value, Low Impact’ and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourists is as follows:
High Season Tariff (March, April, May and September, October, November)
US$250 per person per night halt
Low Season Tariff (December, January, February and June, July, August)
US$200 per person per night halt
The rates given above are applicable for per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
The Minimum Price Includes:
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels (additional payment required for 4 & 5 star accommodations)
- All Meals
- A licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transport (Internal flight fare not included)
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- All internal taxes and charges
- Royalty of US$65 per night
- For Trekking - includes guide, cook, camp helpers, horsemen, and horses to carry luggage and tents. Tents include sleeping, dining, cook tents and toilet tent. Although we provide thin mattresses, you need to bring your own sleeping bag and a pillow or extra mattress if required for additional comfort.
- Breakfast on the day of departure.
The following are not included in the tour price:
- Items of a personal nature such as souvenirs, laundry and tips
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Mineral water in hotels and restaurants (but water is provided in your vehicle)
In addition to minimum daily tariff, the following additional surcharge is applicable if:
- Individual Tourist travelling - US$ 40 per night
- Tourist travelling in a group of 2 persons - US$ 30 per person per night
No additional surcharge is applicable for group more than 2 persons.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- Children up to the age of 5 years have no charges. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years shall be given a 25% discount on daily rates upon producing valid identity cards from their academic institutions.
- Special Discounts in Group packages available. Please contact us.